Green Musings of an Eco Resort

Monday, January 9, 2012

@Work: Sail Pepper


Each Sunday one of our local newspapers does a feature/interview with someone here in the islands about their work and life. It's a piece that has become a favorite of mine over the years each Sunday, and this past week we were pleasantly surprised to see two faces very familiar to us here at Maho: Fred Renner & Renee Proctor, otherwise known as "The Peppers."

Fred & Renee love to have a laugh and make people laugh, so I thought for sure we'd see one of their classic jokes within the piece. Those of you that have sailed with them before know what I'm talking about.......try asking them what they did before doing charters the next time you're out with them and I guarantee it will be something different than what was in the interview. My favorite? Renee: "I used to work in an orange juice factory, but I got canned because I couldn't concentrate." With Fred adding: "Oh, I thought you were squeezed out?"

For more of their lighthearted humor (and better jokes!) you'll have to sail with them yourselves this season here at Maho.

For a preview of the couple you'll be sailing with and their "job" check out the article here.

No comments: