Green Musings of an Eco Resort

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

sounds as we sleep

Each night after the sun sets everyone at Maho gets serenaded by the sounds of birds, frogs and insects that come alive and sing sweet music to us while we enjoy our dinner. I like to think they all sing me to sleep as well; though quieter as the night goes on, you can certainly still hear them. Each phone call to the states after dusk is answered with a "what is that noise in the background?!"......we get to tell them it's the tree frogs singing about the warm weather, as they sit watching the snow fall. A question we get more than you would think during dinner hours: "can you turn down that background noise you have playing?" - alas, the tree frogs don't seem to listen to us when we tell them to be quiet.

Last night as I was falling asleep I had the tree frog mating calls going back and forth for what seemed to be an hour, try as I might I could not fall asleep. This morning I found the two lovers sitting in my aloe plant, sound asleep..........

No comments: